acupuncture for menopause
Acupuncture and herbal medicine can alleviate many menopausal symptoms by stimulating endocrine systems to rebalance hormone production and reduce a wide variety of menopausal disorders. Recent studies have shown that acupuncture is a safe and effective way to treat women with menopause, especially breast cancer survivors (University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing researchers).
Conventionally, Western medicine has used hormone replacement therapy (HRT) as the primary treatment for menopausal symptoms. However, not all women can tolerate HRT, and some experience many distressing effects. The Journal of the American Medical Association showed that HRT might increase the risk of heart disease, breast cancer, stroke and blood clots, which prompts many women to seek complementary solutions. Acupuncture and herbal medicine offer an alternative – a more successful approach toward dealing with menopause, one that frees blocked circulation while balancing energy, blood flow, yin (body fluids) and hormones.
According to Chinese medicine, to reverse the signs of menopause and aging, it is important to build kidney energy (renal and adrenal function). Acupuncture stimulates the flow of intrinsic energy in the body, enhancing blood circulation in the kidneys. Herbal medicines restore kidney energy and gently correct underling deficiencies. These increases in performance and kidney function support both the endocrine system and the immune system, helping them work harmoniously to control and eliminate the symptoms of menopause. Additionally, an increase in kidney energy will enhance moisture production, replenish tissue throughout the body, and improve beauty, vitality and youthfulness.
- We view menopause as a period of natural transition and unique experience in a woman’s life.
- We focus on a holistic approach to restore balance and harmony in both physical and emotional aspects.
- We help you empower your body’s own innate intelligence and, with integrity, love and compassion, smooth the way through pre- and post-menopause.
- We treat conditions humanely, without side effects, and inexpensively for a wide variety of disorders.
- We create a personal health plan that enhances and fits your lifestyle, promoting healing and preventing discomfort and pain.
We provide a safe, natural and incredibly effective solution to the following symptoms:
- hot flashes, night sweats
- dry skin, painful vagina
- gray hair and hair loss
- weight gain and sugar craving
- insomnia and nervousness
- irritability, mood swings and emotional stress
- back pain and muscle tension
- bone density loss
- poor memory and concentration
To harmonize that phase of life when women experience a transition from being reproductive to being non- reproductive, and to help them do so with minimum discomfort.
To work with specific symptoms and help you achieve your goals for a fuller expression of health, wellness and quality of life.
chinese herbal medicine
Chinese herbal medicine is a major facet of traditional Chinese medicine. The fundamental premise of Chinese medicine is that every condition is the result of energy deficiency, excess, or inactivity in our internal organs.