acupuncture for anxiety, depression & Insomnia
Acupuncture for Anxiety, Depression & Insomnia
Depression has been perceived as a condition caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. Conventional treatments include anti-depressants, anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping pills. The common side effects of these drugs are drowsiness, blurred vision, headache, low libido and anxiety. Acupuncture offers a more natural and effective solution by stimulating the central nervous system and increasing the production of endorphins and enkephalins. These are naturally occurring chemicals in the body that improve a person’s mood and overall feeling of well-being.
- promotes the body’s natural healing abilities.
- is a holistic medicine, has never separated the mind and body, and comprehensively treats both the physical and mental symptoms of conditions.
- enhances the health of anyone with conditions caused by drug side effects, cancer, endocrine abnormalities, etc.
- helps patients by reducing or eliminating the need for medication and its inherent side effects, thereby lowering the cost of treatment.
- emphasizes prevention and health maintenance. A healthy diet, as well as exercise and stress reduction techniques, can help maintain mental and physical health.
We believe that people suffering from depression, anxiety, stress and insomnia should always try the simplest, safest and most natural approach first. Prescription medication should be used only as a last resort. We welcome all who seek acupuncture as an alternative choice to improve their health, well-being and self-confidence. We can analyze the body’s individual disharmonies, making a diagnosis based in Chinese medicine, and will design a precise personalized treatment plan that corrects underlying deficiencies or removes obstructions, thereby helping her patients regain a sense of control and pleasure in life. Not only can this treatment substantially reduce the consumption of drugs such as Prozac, it can also treat their side effects and the patient’s dependence on these drugs. Most patients feel immediately calm, and experience a sense of peace and deep relaxation. Approximately six to 10 treatments are required for stabilizing and favorable results; major depression requires more intensive treatment and herbal medicine.
Acupuncture can help balance disharmonies – mental, physical, emotional and spiritual – in the body. Additional benefits include:
- Improved overall health and well-being.
- Better emotional balance, calming of the body and mind.
- Mental clarity and enhanced concentration.
- Reduced pain and muscle tension.
- Enriched sleep.
- More positive feelings about self; more interest in life and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- More energy and increased regular exercise.
- Improved ability to handle changes and problems in life.
- Reduction in eating disorders.
- Fewer concerns about small things.
In addition to treatment we prescribe the following lifestyle changes for the prevention of all emotional or mental disturbances and the reclamation of good health:
- Eliminate nicotine, caffeine and alcohol, which aggravate stress.
- Avoid hot and spicy, or cold and raw, foods and iced drinks.
- Balance your diet; eat 80% alkaline food, and avoid excess meats and carbohydrates.
- Avoid overthinking and overly ambitious goals.
- Avoid physical exhaustion; get plenty of rest.
- Strive to be open-hearted, open-minded and content.
- Exercise moderately and have a steady routine; employ deep breathing techniques such as meditation, Tai Chi or Qi Gong.
- Take a full complement of Vitamin B, magnesium and iron; a deficiency in any of these can lead to symptoms of depression.
We are committed to helping you achieve your health goals. You are not alone! Together, we can achieve optimal results and a fuller expression of health, wellness and quality of life!
” I believe that I would never have been able to continue have a normal life without the help of her acupuncture treatment and Chinese herbs” – Cathy W
“Acupuncture and few lifestyle changes helped us to get to where we are today… the proud parents of our precious little girl” – Robin & Clary
chinese herbal medicine
Chinese herbal medicine is a major facet of traditional Chinese medicine. The fundamental premise of Chinese medicine is that every condition is the result of energy deficiency, excess, or inactivity in our internal organs.